What is the Mission and Vision of Impact SA?
Impact San Antonio encourages and empowers women to join together to achieve meaningful change in the Greater San Antonio area through substantial grants to local nonprofits that serve our communities.
Our goal is to be San Antonio’s preferred women’s philanthropic organization with 500+ diverse and engaged members that return year after year to provide significant support for the important work of nonprofit organizations in San Antonio and the surrounding areas.
What is Impact San Antonio?
Impact San Antonio encourages and empowers philanthropic women to come together to achieve meaningful change in the Greater San Antonio area through substantial grant making.
- A women’s nonprofit, collective giving, grant-making organization serving the greater San Antonio area
- We award high impact $100,000 grants in five focus areas: Arts & Culture; Education; Environment, Recreation & Preservation; Family; Health & Wellness
- 100% of each member’s contribution goes to the grants
- Engagement/involvement is on each member’s terms/schedule
* Transformational giving . . . on your terms *
How does it work?
Impact San Antonio follows a simple but powerful giving model that starts with at least 100 women each donating $1,000 to become a Member. (See also Shared Memberships). By pooling the $1,000 donation of each Member, Impact San Antonio awards grants to deserving local agencies in $100,000 increments. For every 100 Members, an additional $100,000 grant is awarded.
* More Members > More Grants > Greater Impact! *
Who can join?
Any woman who donates $1,000 (or becomes part of a Shared Membership) can join Impact San Antonio and become a voting Member for one year.
* Women empowered to make a difference *
What is a Member’s time commitment?
- If you would like to become actively involved, you can serve on a grant review committee or any of our other committees, and you’re always welcome to attend our events.
- If you just don’t have the time, you can simply write your $1,000 check and exercise your vote at Grant Award Night (or vote by absentee ballot).
* Membership is on each Member’s terms *
Impact San Antonio Grant Process
Here’s a high-level overview:
- The yearly Membership drive formally kicks off in January and continues until the deadline announced by the Board of Directors.
- Nonprofit agencies serving Bexar County and surrounding counties submit grant proposals for review to Impact San Antonio
- The Impact San Antonio committees review submitted grant proposals in each of the five focus areas: Arts & Culture; Education; Environment, Recreation & Preservation; Family; Health & Wellness
- Agencies recommended by the review committees as finalists are brought to the general membership on Grant Award Night where members vote to select the grant recipients.
What happens after the $100K grants are awarded?
Members serving on the Grant Oversight and Outcomes committee follow-up with the agencies awarded grants to ensure that members’ money is being spent in accordance with the grant proposal.
Who runs Impact San Antonio?
Impact San Antonio is a volunteer-led nonprofit. Operational costs are covered by donations from sources other than Members’ $1,000 donations. (See Support Us for other ways to support Impact San Antonio.)